We love wraps. Whether we roll them with our favourite fillings, or make quesadillas with them, they’re always a hit. This recipe for homemade wraps is quick and easy and works great!
- 4 cups flour (I use 2/3 white and 1/3 wholewheat)
- pinch of salt
- 125g butter, cubed
- 1 – 1.5 cups water
- Place flour, salt and butter in the bowl of your food processor and mix to form fine breadcrumb texture
- Add water, a bit at a time, until a soft pliable dough forms
- Knead dough quickly by hand to form a homogenous consistency and break off little balls (a 50g ball rolls out to about an 18cm diameter circle).
- Roll out thinly
- Place on hot pan (no oil added!) and cook for just about a minute and a half on each side.
- Place in clean kitchen towel until ready to fill/roll
Notes: They make air pocket bubbles as they cook, don’t worry, this is perfectly good! This particular recipe makes wraps that are best used immediately after cooking as I’ve found that they go “crackly” quite quickly.
The best compliment? My little Miya telling me “Mmm! Yum, Mommy! Your wraps for the quesadillas are much better than the shop ones!”