Tagliatelle with Garlic, Lemon, Breadcrumbs, Herbs & Parmesan
A combination of a few similar recipes, I love the simplicity of preparing this meal, and the big punch of flavour it delivers! Perfect for Meat Free Mondays!
For the pasta
- 300g flour
- 3 eggs
For the sauce
- good glug of olive oil
- tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- zest of 2 lemons, reserve lemons for garnish
- juice of 1 lemon
- 100g parmesan
- 1/2 cup toasted breadcrumbs
- Mix the flour and egg in the bowl of your stand mixer (with dough hook attachment) until a dough ball forms. * see notes below.
- Bring a large pot of salted water (or stock) to the boil on the stovetop.
- In the meantime, run the pasta through your pastamaker until desired thickness (I used setting 7) and cut into tagliatelle.
- Cook pasta until al dente and drain. Reserve pasta water.
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, add olive oil and butter and when butter is melted add in crushed garlic cloves and cook until the garlic turns brown. Remove from the heat immediately.
- Add pasta and stir through the garlic olive oil and butter sauce and sprinkle in finely grated parmesan, lemon zest, lemon juice, fresh herbs and breadcrumbs. You can add a bit of the reserved pasta water at this stage if the pasta is too dry for your liking.
- Serve with reserved lemons, sliced and fresh herbs.
Notes – you can make the pasta by hand as well – measure out flour, make a well in the centre and break in the eggs, now start mixing the eggs with the flour working from the centre outwards with a fork in a whisking motion. Continue until it is all incorporated and then knead the dough until smooth and elastic with your hands.
A simple pasta with bold flavours. Yummy! And easy enough that the kids did most of the work 😉 I really love this light, yet filling pasta with all our favourite tastes! Leia had three bowls!