Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes
These are totally the best (and easiest) chocolate cupcakes I’ve ever made.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Add the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add butter and mix on low speed until mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the rest of the wet ingredients making sure to scrape the sides so that all ingredients are mixed through well.
- Fill cupcake cups 1/2 to 3/4 with batter and bake in your preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
Another of those amazing Pinterest finds. I was almost not going to pin it, because, let’s face it, I’ve enough variations of the humble chocolate cupcake already…but oh boy, am I ever glad that I did! I’ve never got reason to try anything else – these have superb texture, lovely chocolaty flavour and are really easy to throw together. Thanks Allie from Bakingamoment, they truly are Simply Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes!