I’ve been wanting to make homemade mayonnaise forever. Did it tonight and can’t believe it took me so long! It is PERFECT! And EASY!
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil (canola/sunflower)
- Add egg yolks, vinegar and dijon to the bowl of your blender and start to whisk together.
- Slowly (VERY SLOWLY) drip-by-drip start to add some of the oil while whisking all the time.
- Once the mixture starts to look like mayonnaise (took me about 6 minutes), you can increase the speed of the oil to a steady thin stream.
- Keep whisking and blending until all the oil is incorporated and you have a thick and creamy light beige coloured mayonnaise.