Fish Baps (Burgers)
Fish fillet burgers, but yummy, not the crumbed crap out of a box- and yet surely, just as quick and easy to make!
- Fresh rolls (make your own using my Crusty Olive Oil Bread recipe, just breaking the dough into 100g ball)
- 2 large White fish fillets, halved or quartered (to fit on a burger bun, taking into consideration some fish might shrink a bit)
- Enough flour to coat your fish on one side
- A pinch or two (depending on how hot you like it) Cayenne Pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- enough finely grated Parmesan to cover one side of your fillets (buy the block, grate it fresh!)
- On grease proof paper season your fillets with salt and pepper, pinch or two of cayenne and cover with a layer of flour (about 1/2 cup according to original recipe)
- Heat olive oil in pan and fry fish until golden, flip over and sprinkle Parmesan onto top.
Serve on warmed rolls with fresh cress and tartare sauce with a side of mushy peas.
Totally part of my Jamie Oliver love-affair at the moment. Needed inspiration for a fish meal and while the kids were having hamburgers on the same night, thought about fish burgers and there was Jamie, perfect recipe at the ready!