Egg bake (Quick crustless quiche)
Quiches used to be reserved for lazy lunches at cafes, but since I found this very easy and quick recipe, we have been having egg bake at least twice a month. The kids love it so much! Fill it with whatever you want, but for us, it is an easy Meat Free Monday deal.
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- pinch salt
- filling of choice
- 100g parmesan cheese
- Lightly beat the eggs and milk together.
- Add onions, salt and flour and mix through.
- Grate your parmesan cheese onto the bottom of a large ovenproof dish
- Layer your filling onto the parmesan cheese and pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 30-45 minutes.
We love asparagus egg bake, especially when fresh asparagus is in season. Other combinations that are yummy include bacon, blue cheese and fig, feta and rosa tomatoes with basil, and roast butternut with feta.