The perfect little party cookie! These are scrumptiously sweet and have great texture.
- 1 1/3 Cup Flour
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 3/4 cup M&M / Smarties / Candy Gems
- 3/4 cup Chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Puffed rice (Rice Krispies)
- 1 Egg, slightly beatn
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Add all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix through
- Add the wet ingredients (egg, butter, vanilla) and use the back of a spoon (even your hands!) to mix it through the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Roll balls (one heaped tablespoon scoop) of the mixture and put on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 10-12 minutes.
- Rest until cooled.
Note – the original recipe asked for 1/2 cup chopped nuts, but because we think the kids may be sensitive, we chose to substitute with the puffed rice cereal.
This recipe is from Bakerella ( http://www.bakerella.com/mix-things-up/) and I first made it for Leia’s 2nd birthday (Cowgirl party) complete with the pink smarties. I’ve since made them many more times with colourful candy gems.
This year I made them for Christmas – using only reds, greens and browns. I think they came out lovely, and everyone gobbled them up – even Santa!