Basic Pasta Salad
Simple and delicious. A perfect small lunch or dinner, or serve as an accompaniment to a meat or fish dish.
- 500g Shell pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 Telegraph Cucumber, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Black olives, pitted and chopped
- Bunch of Chives
- Handful Fresh Herbs such as Basil, Parsley, Marjoram and even a sprig or two of mint
- 100g Feta (I used creamy feta)
- Olive oil
- Wine vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Drain cooked pasta and cool.
- Toss all the chopped vegetables and herbs with the pasta and break feta into salad.
- Season with freshly ground salt and pepper and dress with olive oil and wine vinegar to taste.
- Cool in fridge and serve.
We felt like something light after a large brunch of Eggs Benedict today, and I remembered Rick mentioning an easy pasta salad from our favourite chef – Jamie Oliver. I looked up the recipe on his site and used it as a base for the above salad and it worked out a real treat.
I think that if you want to make a fuller meal of it, you can add some anchovies perhaps….and capers…